What rule of inference is used in each of these arguments?
- Alice is a mathematics major. Therefore, Alice is either a mathematics major or a computer science major.
- Jerry is a mathematics major and a computer science major. Therefore, Jerry is a mathematics major.
- If it is rainy, then the pool will be closed. It is rainy.Therefore, the pool is closed.
- If it snows today, the university will close. The university is not closed today. Therefore, it did not snow today.
- If I go swimming, then I will stay in the sun too long.If I stay in the sun too long, then I will sunburn. Therefore, if I go swimming, then I will sunburn