The Gateway to Computer Science Excellence
+3 votes
3k views

The test suite (set of test input) used to perform unit testing on a module could cover 70% of the code. What is the reliability of the module if the probability of success is 0.95 during testing?

  1. 0.665 to 0.95
  2. At the most 0.665
  3. At the most 0.95
  4. At least 0.665


 

in IS&Software Engineering by
retagged by | 3k views

2 Answers

+3 votes
Unit testing of the module is covering 70% of the code = 0.7

Probability of success  = 0.95

Reliability = 0.7 * 0.95 = 0.665.

Answer is at the most 0.665.

Please correct me if i am wrong
by
+2
should be aleast.
0
I think option D is the right answer. Please do tell the correct answer
+4
if only 70% code is tested then with 95% probability of success then its reliability  is at most it is 0.7x.95 =.665

it can not be at least .665  because then it can also be 1 which is not possible without testing rest 30 % and that too with prob of success 1
+3
@sanjay sharma may be i m wrong bt i m having doubt like for 70% its having probablity 0.95 that means 0.70*0.95=0.665 and for remaining part means 30 % it can be have succuss probability 1 (in worst case) means 30% of module part completely reliable. so  overall reliable is 0.665+0.30=> 0.965  means if option is like 0.665 to 0.965 is it correct ?? plz verify
0
thanx
0
Right bro.. according to me .. Ans A is more correct.
0
what if most (or all errors ) are from that 30 % code which is untested.Then it can not even 0.1  so 0.665 is not guaranteed it is  max we can claim  And even if 30 % does not contain error without testing that code we can not say it is reliable
0 votes
At the most 0.665
by
+1
plzz Explain process to solve it.
0
Can u pls explain the above answer
0
As it is given that " testing on a module could cover 70% of the code" =>it means it can cover up to 70% of code and we don't know about remaining 30% of code's reliability it didn't mention so we can't consider it.

Maximum reliability on 70% code would be=0.7*0.95(as prob. of success given)=0.665

Suppose if we consider it only 60% code under testing then it would be=0.6*0.95<0.665

so At the most 0.665.
Answer:

Related questions

Quick search syntax
tags tag:apple
author user:martin
title title:apple
content content:apple
exclude -tag:apple
force match +apple
views views:100
score score:10
answers answers:2
is accepted isaccepted:true
is closed isclosed:true
52,315 questions
60,429 answers
201,762 comments
95,240 users