I'm Abhishek, one of the selected candidates for the BARC OCES/DGFS 2020 Computer Science interview. I was selected through the online written test in which I scored 183.57/300. Total of 87 candidates selected for BARC CS interview. My interview was on 23rd Dec. 2020 at BARC, Mumbai.
Directly, coming to the interview, the panel consists of 6 people and there were 2 different parallel panels that were taking the interview. I entered the cabin and they asked me to sit on the chair.
Then one of the interviewers asked me my name, I answered then he asked: Is this your first time in Bombay, I answered. Then he asked me about my final year B.Tech project, I answered. Then they asked me to tell them some of my favorite subjects. I told Algorithms, Data structures, Operating System, and Compiler Design. One of the interviews asked about my Gate rank and score.
So, these are the other interview questions:
- Explain hashing in detail(what is hashing, types of hashing, complete code in C/C++ to insert an element, they asked about time complexity to find an element in open chaining, etc.).
- How Binary search works and how it is different from hashing. What is the time complexity of binary search? I told. Why is it logn?
- What happens if we divide the array in 3/4th and then use binary search, are comparisons increase, decrease, or remains the same and why?
- Given a directed graph, how to detect a cycle in the graph? What is the time complexity of your algorithm by using an adjacency matrix/list?
- What is an integer pointer? How it is different from an array of pointers?
- Scanning two indices of an array using pointers.
- 2-D matrix representation using pointers and accessing elements.
- Check whether two strings are the same, less than, or greater than using pointers.
- Passing a function name as a parameter to other functions using the concept of pointers.
- Explain Wi-Fi architecture, how wi-fi works?
- Explain Bluetooth architecture, how it works?
- Explain the TCP/IP model, briefly explain any protocol of your choice, how it works?
- Explain TCP handshake mechanism(Connection establishment, Data Transfer, Connection Termination phase in detail).
- What is Redo/Undo in DBMS?
- what is the concept of log files?
- What are cursors?
- Write an SQL query to find duplicates names from a table given that the Table does not have any primary key.
- What is linking and how it is done?
- What is the difference between Machine Learning and Deep learning?
- What is the difference between regression and Interpolation?
Overall, it was a nice experience and they helped when I got stuck. My interview went for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Thanks for reading. Hope it helps!
PS: I’m not selected in the final list of candidates. Total of 7 candidates selected for the OCES position. (https://www.barconlineexam.in/engineer/documents/Final-Selection-Engg.pdf)