I need some serious advice whether I should prepare for
- GATE CSE for the next year or
- look for a job. If someone could help me through Referral, it will be really helpful for me.
- Go for MS abrooad. Is there any scholarship in good foreign University? I have financial constraints
My background: I am from EE background and had some basic knowledge of CSE courses. I have 3 years of career gap completely detached from engineering or tech world- No job, No engineering. I may not be able to explain u what I did during these 3 years.
I picked up these engineering books after 3.5 years and co-incidently had only 3.5 months when I started preparation from end of October. I wrote GATE CSE 2018. This was my first attempt. But, I am getting very low rank. Acc. to Pragy's app, it seems to be around 2500.
From my analysis, I have realised :
- I did not study Aptitude as last year this section was easy and thus missed the questions of Probability and Eigen values(PEV). Even the 2 ques of PEV which I solved correctly are not reflected in Response/Answer Sheet. Perhaps, I dint save them in hurry.
- I missed the revision of the covered portion. Perhaps, I needed 15-20 days more for the revision I required.
- I could not solve the previous years papers completely. Took ME test series but hardly had time to write any test. So, my speed was quite low. I could attempt around 58-59 question while skipping many.
- My Syllabus was only 85% complete. I left whole of Compilers and 50% of database. Besides, I lacked the time to sort out my doubts.
Please guide me what shall I do next ? Will it be right to sit for the exam next year with the hope of getting good rank? Or Shall I look for other options. I am completely confused or better to say lost. Dont know how to take future steps.