I am Jeevan Kumar Miriyala, Final year undergraduate student , gate aspirant.
Rank : 687
Score : 691
I've been dreaming about gate since 4th semester of my under graduation.
I've learnt concepts from many places in YouTube(***,GatebOOK,GateCSE video lectures)..etc
I've learnt every single concept.. by searching it Internet(GO,SO,..etc).
I gave two test series(Kind of waste .. except for time management), I don't want to name them here.
But Why I didn't get at least 60 marks in gate 2018:
1. Didn't practice much ( Yes you have to solve more and more.... but not from test series )
2. comparing test series with Gate ( I used to get good marks in test series.. I thought same thing will happen in gate)
3. I Didn't have proper sleep before gate exam ( because of which I marked 2 answers wrong that i have solved correctly)
5. I solved paper in Hurry because of which I could not see some easy questions(I didn't see parsing question, english questions aptitude ..etc).
1. solve the questions from GO Book only, don't touch any Coaching Material.
2. Read from text books( at least for system courses to get more insight into subject) if possible.
3. Test series is not so important ( if you think you need to practice, solve GO book as many times as possible).
4. There are Better questions in GO Test Series than others.