Edit: We will be having a Test at 9 pm, on first Sunday of every month till November. The syllabus for the test will be as per GATE 2020 schedule which should start from June. Till then, the tests will be based mostly on basic Algorithm skills and Aptitude. Test 1 is on google form but remaining tests will be added on GO Exams. Please verify your account before trying to take them.
- What’s the advantage in taking the test?
- Main advantage is to know where you stand currently in terms of expected GATE performance. In addition those who perform well will be added to an Elite list in GO who can get restricted privileges like Mentioning admins on any posts, take any tests etc. Also see FAQ 3.
- Is it same as any Test Series?
- No. You won’t be getting a lot of questions as in any test series. The focus of the questions will be more on showing the typical weak points one might have. For Test Series, you can visit Exams Tab and there are plenty of tests.
- Will there be any mentoring for aspirants?
- No. Since most of the toppers in GO are self mentored and enough resources are available for it, there won’t be any one-to-one mentoring for any aspirants. But those who top the tests and selected to the Elite group will be given more discussion options and once the system subjects starts – mainly COA, Compilers, CN, OS – all their doubts will be cleared. For theory subjects, some notes/slides will be added on GO classroom where ever required.
- What if I’m scoring too low in the tests?
- If you are scoring too low – say bottom 20 percentile consistently it means in GATE it will be tough to get within 5000 rank. So, you should decide what to do now rather than after GATE2020.
Test 1 – Over on May 5
Test 2 – Coming on June 2 – Topics: General Aptitude, Basic C programming, Data Structures (those who have done coding can answer the questions without any further preparation)