GATE YEAR: 2019
GATE SCORE: 677
GATE RANK: 1046
Questions asked in the written test were of GATE level. The test covered almost all the GATE CS subjects, including signals and systems and aptitude. There were 2-4 questions from each subject. Really enjoyed the questions.
Professors asked me to choose the subject. I chose data structures and algorithm. They asked the following questions.
- Do you know connected components?
- How will you find the connected components of a graph? What will be the time complexity?
- Given two graphs A and B on the same set of vertices but with different edges. How will you find the largest connected component common to graphs A and B?
- I want to find the shortest path between vertices ‘v’ and ‘u’ of an undirected graph. I use the single source shortest path algorithm. It may give me the wrong answer. I am okay with the error. We have all pairs shortest path algorithm which will give me the correct answer. As I am okay with error, I prefer the single source shortest path algorithm. Give me a case where this error will be very large, so I must use the all pairs shortest path algorithm.
- What was your project? How many of you completed it?
- Write C code to find the number of leaves in a binary tree?
The interview was a good experience. I got selected for MS. But I did not accept the offer because I got selected for Ph.D. at IIT Bombay.