I am sharing my email coversation with IITGN academic department.
I have asked a bunch Question, since little to no information is provided by the IITGN on their official website.
MY MAIL ————>
I am considering to apply for the PGDIIT, but there is little to no information provided about this program on your official website.
Here are some major questions regarding the program.
1. What is the fees of PGDIIT program ?
2. Will IITGN allow the students of PGDIIT program to sit for the placement and provide the same placement opportunity similar to the students of MTech program?
3. What will be the syllabus/ course structure of PGDIIT for CSE?
4. Will IITGN allow the students of PGDIIT to covert their Diploma to MTech ?
5. Will the PGDIIT program students be allowed the opportunity of Internship? If so then for how many months can PGDIIT student can pursue internship?
6. Major differentiating factors between PGDIIT and Mtech?
please try to add the above relevant information to your website.
REPLY FROM IITGN ACADEMICS DEPARTMENT
Please find below response to your queries:
Q 1. Fees:
For PGDIIT the semester wise fee structure is as follows:
a) Admission fee (one time payment) - Rs. 6500
b) Refundable Security Deposit (one time payment) - Rs. 5,000
c) Semester Fee (inclusive of Tuition fee and other allied charges) - Rs. 47,500
d) Mess and laundry advance - Rs. 19,000
Q 2 & 5. IITGN supports PGDIIT students for placement and internship. However, the statistics varies as it depends on the student's performance as well as the placement/internship opportunities available for the year for PGDIIT students.
Q 3. For the admission test there is no specific syllabus. Once admitted a student can register for courses (floated for the semester) in consultation with his Faculty Advisor.
Q 4. It is usually not permitted.
Q 5. M.tech is a two year degree programme whereas PGDIIT is a diploma.
Assistant Registrar (Academic)
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar